The English International School of Padova seeks to employ a Teacher of English Literature and Language. We are looking for a motivated and committed teacher of English to teach across the age and ability range. Our middle school follows a largely UK-based Key Stage 3 programme of study. In the high school, we offer Cambridge iGCSEs and the IB diploma. A degree and appropriate teaching qualifications are essential. We welcome NQTs, looking to progress and develop within a creative and challenging department and school, to also apply for this post.
We are looking for:
- An enthusiastic and motivated professional who is passionate about teaching English Language and Literature.
- A reflective and responsible practitioner able to adapt and develop with feedback provided whose aim is to be consistently excellent in the classroom.
- A teacher with EAL experience or the focus and drive to develop as a successful EAL practitioner.
- A qualified teacher who would like the opportunity to teach highly-motivated and well-behaved students.
- A team player who would like to contribute to the further development of this vibrant and progressive department and an individual who seeks to professionally develop through whole-school projects and collaboration.
- A professional with the desire to be involved in English teaching at all levels.
What we will offer you:
- A small and dynamic International school with the scope to offer you a range of formal and informal professional development opportunities.
- A well-developed curriculum plan across all Key Stages, collaborative planning opportunities and detailed resources and lessons for adaptation and personalisation.
- Autonomy over texts chosen, pedagogical approach and planning and the opportunity to plan across the curriculum in progressive working parties.
- The support of the English and EAL Department who are deeply committed to raising standards.
- Students who genuinely want to learn.
- The opportunity to teach across the secondary age range, including the opportunity to become a well-trained and effective IB teacher if desired.
Applications must be accompanied by a covering letter, a C.V., a completed application form, a recent photo and names (including telephone numbers and email addresses) of two referees to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only selected applicants will be contacted by email for further details and to schedule an interview via Skype. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and fully enhanced DBS checks.
Starting date is 31st August 2017