TEACHER OF SEND
The Directors of St Cuthbert’s Roman Catholic Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a Teacher of SEND at St Thomas More VC Academy. This is a full time position, initially temporary with the expectation of becoming a permanent post.
Main Teacher Pay Scale (salary point will be dependent on experience and relevant qualifications).
We are seeking to employ a talented, committed and enthusiastic teacher who has the ability to make a significant contribution to our school. The successful candidate will lead a small class of pupils as part of our school SEND provision. We require an innovative, reflective practitioner who can demonstrate the ability to create an exceptional hub of learning for pupils with a range of learning difficulties across the primary phase.
We are looking for an individual with high expectations and standards who can offer excellent knowledge and experience of working with pupils on the autism spectrum. The successful candidate will demonstrate a working understanding of how these needs impact upon learning and behaviour in the classroom. An additional strength would be a creative, engaging approach to curriculum design and planning both within the classroom and in the wider outdoor learning environment.
• Have high aspirations for all children and a desire to raise standards
• Be able to deliver an adapted curriculum as well as a nurturing and therapeutic environment to meet a range of requirements including social, emotional and mental health needs
• Have a knowledge of pupils working below age-related expectations and an understanding of children with ASD and other difficulties and related teaching strategies
• Have a range of specialist SEND skills
• Have a passion for children’s learning and development
• A willingness to try new things and develop new strategies in curriculum design
• Hold QTS
• Be confident, passionate and highly motivated
• Have empathy, patience and the drive to make a difference
In return, we can offer:
• A welcoming, supportive school community, with a strong inclusive ethos
• A team of enthusiastic, hardworking staff who embrace new opportunities
• Enthusiastic, happy and caring children who are proud of their school and eager to learn
• A strong commitment to professional and personal development
• Strong support from the Directors and parents, along with well-established links with the Parish and wider community.
We are looking for a special individual who is able to help inspire and engage the young people in their care. This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their skills and experience in a challenging, motivating and highly rewarding environment. You will be part of a Trust established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders.
This vacancy can also be found on St Mary’s College website under the “vacancies” section at www.smchull.org
Applications should be returned by email to: HR@smchull.org
We hope you will decide to investigate our vacancy and look forward to hearing from you.
This post is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved references/DBS checks).
Visits to the school are highly recommended.
Please note the closing date for applications is Monday 18th March 2019 at 12:30pm.