Teacher of Social Science
Full or Part-Time
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, ambitious, enthusiastic teacher to join our existing Social Science team. A strong commitment to working with local businesses and organisations, raising achievement for all students and extra-curricular activities is essential.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional classroom practitioner with high expectations and able to inspire and enthuse students. They will teach Social Science at Key Stages 4 and 5. We will offer the successful candidate an excellent CPD programme with supportive and dynamic staff and career development opportunities.
The Academy sits within a unique and expanding Multi Academy Trust and is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn.
Applicants requesting part-time will be considered.
Our successful candidate will be:
- An exceptional classroom practitioner who expects and creates excellence.
- Able to inspire and enthuse students so that they invest in their learning in Health and Social Care/Psychology.
- Committed to raising standards for all.
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas.
In return we will offer:
- Modern, purpose-built learning spaces, which inspire outstanding teaching and learning.
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development.
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
How do I apply?
For further information, please contact Rachael Barratt, PA to the Principal, on firstname.lastname@example.org
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or by calling the number below.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Richard Wood, Principal, and sent to email@example.com or to the address below.
Please note that applications must be submitted on the MLT Application Form from the Academy website.
Braithwell Road, Maltby, Rotherham, S66 8AB
Closing Date: Monday 18th November 2019 at 9.00am
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 18th November 2019
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children. An Equal Opportunities Employer