Dar Al Marefa School is a top-ranked and widely recognized bilingual International Baccalaureate school in Dubai with a broader academic vision - to make a significant contribution to the next generation of the UAE by partnering with parents, friends and the local community.
Our Vision - is to create a community that fosters lifelong learning, is rooted in its values and beliefs, and is open minded, tolerant and appreciates diversity. Our graduates are principled and courageous individuals, ready to contribute to a more just and peaceful world.
Our Mission - is to build a consistent, challenging and safe learning environment that supports each child in exploring their capabilities, encourages them to respect other cultures and embrace the world with open-mindedness, tolerance and confidence.
- DMS is seeking to appoint talented, highly motivated and well-qualified individuals who will be dedicated to the mission and vision of the school.
- Experience of using effective differentiation and assessment techniques are essential.
- Experience of teaching the IB programs would be an advantage, as would experience of working in Dubai. However, a demonstrable alignment with the ethos of the IB and a genuine commitment to international-mindedness would compensate in many ways.
- The ability to share your outstanding practice and develop other colleagues would be advantageous.
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom is highly desirable.
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students, parents and colleagues is also highly desirable.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Social Science or Business and a PGCE or an equivalent qualification from around the world.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Subject to be taught is required
- PGCE in Secondary Education or relevant subject is required
- Experience of teaching Business Studies is preferable
- At least 3 years’ experience (IB school) with QTS - Qualified Teacher Status in UK, or a proven equivalent in your home country.
- IT savvy
- Knowledgeable about the IB curriculum and Learner Profiles Skills
- Curriculum development skills
- Communication skills
Individual Performance Measures
Your performance will be measured through a variety of ways: classroom observations, progress of students during the year, external benchmark results, feedback given to students, contribution to the school community and inspection results.