The Humanities Department at the Malling School are welcoming applications for a Teacher of Social Sciences (Maternity cover). This role would be perfect for an experienced Teacher looking for a new challenge or an excellent ECT who will be mentored and Supported through the Early Career Teachers programme. We are looking for flexibility to teach all Humanities Subjects as well as Social Sciences. This will include but is not limited to; Sociology, Geography and Citizenship.
This is an exciting time to join the Humanities Department as we continue to adapt our curriculum to challenge our pupils. This position will allow the candidate to join a collaborative, friendly and supportive team of strong practitioners to ensure a high standard of teaching, learning and achievement.
We are extremely proud of our pupil’s outstanding behaviour, our caring teachers’ high standards and expectations for our children and the excellent learning happening at The Malling School. This is centred around our school’s ethos that we refer to as ‘The Malling School Way’ and based around the core values of “Caring, Determined and Reflective”.
We can offer you:
- Opportunities to teach Sociology and Citizenship at KS4.
- A robust behaviour system to support effective learning.
- No formal observations – instead Developmental Learning Walks with ongoing feedback, helping you and your department to continuously improve.
- A departmental marking policy that allows for both strong progress in pupils and a high level of staff wellbeing.
- Ongoing professional and character development to support career progression.
- An experienced and supportive department.
- Have Qualified Teacher status/good degree or equivalent.
- Be able to teach Sociology at KS4 is essential, with experience of the AQA GCSE specification preferable.
- Be innovative and reflective in your approach to teaching.
- Be able to achieve excellent exam results for children.
- Be motivated by a desire to change lives for the better.
Please apply via the TES website. For more information or to arrange an informal visit please contact the HR Department at email@example.com
Closing date: 17th December 2021
Interviews: w/c 10th January 2022
The Malling School is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of welfare of all children and young people. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Occupational Health check, two satisfactory references and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order (1975, 2013,2020)
The school's Child Protection Policy can be found on the school website Education Exemplar Policy - Schools (themallingschool.kent.sch.uk)
Applications will be considered upon receipt and we reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy should sufficient interest be received. Only candidates successfully shortlisted for interview will be contacted.