Teacher of Sociology and Health & Social Care (0.6 FTE)
ADVERT CHANGE: This maternity cover has changed to a part time (0.6) vacancy that is required from September 2018.
Up to UPS3 (Inner London)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated individual to this part time maternity cover post of Teacher of Sociology and Health & Social Care. The ideal candidate will have experience of teaching both Sociology and Health & Social Care related subjects across the age and ability range from 11-19. We encourage applications from teachers who feel they can add value to an already highly effective department and prosper in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate must:
Be a strong teacher of both Sociology and Health & Social Care / NQT who is committed to maximising the achievement of every student
- Be able to inspire and develop teaching and learning across all key stages
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
- A supportive environment with excellent CPD opportunities
- Highly committed and driven staff
- A highly oversubscribed academy, with students who are very keen to learn
- A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for our students
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, the Academy provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-19 years old.
All applications must be made via the TES online application form. CVs will not be accepted.
The City of London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
Start date: September 2018
Closing Date: 12 noon on 29th May 2018
Interviews: As and when suitable applications received