This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exceptional school.
Ark Burlington Danes Academy is a Church of England non-selective, all-through comprehensive school that serves a local community with a high degree of social disadvantage. Our mission is to ensure that every child, regardless of background, has the right to access the highest qualifications, best universities and most competitive careers. Our teachers are firmly committed to our vision. We believe in a ‘no excuses’ culture and strive to ensure that our students have the best academic education possible, supported by an excellent enrichment and pastoral programme to ensure our children develop into rounded, successful individuals who will thrive in the outside world. We are a learning community that invests heavily in developing the teaching and leadership skills of all our staff through our in-house programmes and the outstanding training provision of the Ark network.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Sociology & Psychology who can work with an ambitious and striving department. This role represents an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and ambitious individual to develop as a Teacher with training as support as well.
We are committed to delivering an outstanding education within an outstanding environment where each child, individually, is able to achieve the highest possible academic outcomes. This sense of scholarship underpins all that we do.
The The Teacher of Sociology & Psychology will be an outstanding teacher with a resilient character and a strong personal drive.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be an enthusiastic and innovative teacher of Sociology and Psychology
• have a specialism to teach up to Key Stage 5,
• be committed to improving teaching and learning in both trainee and experienced teachers through developmental leadership,
• be a committed team player,
• demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve,
• demonstrate evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence, committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations,
• have the enthusiasm to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• join one of the most successful academies in England
• work in high quality facilities,
• receive unrivalled training and professional development,
• join a network of Ark schools and benefits from the support of experienced network colleagues,
• gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
The academy has fostered a collaborative infrastructure which has instilled a strong sense of community amongst our staff. Your hard work will always be recognised at Burlington Danes. As a teacher at Burlington Danes, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country. Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
• A salary 2.5% higher than the main scale teacher salaries
• Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to talk about the post informally if you require more information. If you share in our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you. For information about the school, please go to www.burlingtondanes.org.
If you share our vision and have experience of leading outstanding practice, then we want to hear from you. We’re looking for a leader who exemplifies our belief in the potential of every child, is confident in insisting on the highest standards of academic rigour and behaviour and is energised by the challenge of our work.
Please complete your application by 11:00 am on Friday 19th April 2019.
Location: Ark Burlington Danes Academy
Closing date: 11:00 am Friday 19th April 2019
Salary: Ark MPS or UPS (Inner London) £30,406 £41,381 or £46,272 - £50,178 per annum dependent on experience
Start Date: September 2019
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.