Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a mixed Academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18. The Academy has three consecutive outstanding judgments by Ofsted, with the most recent inspection in 2014 finding the Academy to be outstanding in every aspect. This thriving Academy also has a large sixth form with over 300 students. It is one of the most oversubscribed comprehensive schools in the country and in the top 5% for performance.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Sociology teacher to join our innovative team from September 2017, playing a key role in a high achieving department in one of the most over-subscribed and popular academies in the country.
What we are looking for:
- A teacher with a desire to make a difference to the lives of young people, ideally with evidence of outstanding teaching and learning
- A person with a clear and good understanding of current educational issues, theory and practice, including sound subject knowledge
- A commitment to teaching and a willingness to continue to learn through professional development
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
Why work for Harris City Academy Crystal Palace?
- The opportunity to play a key role in encouraging high achievement from our students in one of the most over-subscribed and popular academies in the country
- Support for all members of the academy community to achieve their absolute potential - our motto is 'All Can Achieve'
- First class development opportunities in a vibrant learning community
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
The Academy is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary Academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development. As a Teaching School, we are able to offer all teachers an extensive programme of first class professional development and a vibrant learning community giving all the opportunities to excel. In addition to our own programmes, our professional learning is closely aligned with the Federation and we are able to offer a full range of development including Masters and NPQH.
For NQTs, we provide our highly successful Harris Federation NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning, and every NQT has a professional mentor.
For a confidential discussion with the Principal please contact Jennifer Fielder, HR Officer via email on email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 4pm – Wednesday 22nd March 2017.
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack above.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.