Teacher of Sociology (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to the post of Teacher of Sociology; an outstanding teacher that will lead by example and support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. The ideal candidate will have successful experience of teaching Sociology across the age and ability range from 11-19. We encourage applications from teachers who feel they can add value to an already highly effective department and prosper in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Successful candidates must:
· Be an outstanding teacher of Sociology/NQT who is committed to maximising the achievement of every student
· Be a passionate advocate of the subject who contributes effectively to departmental and whole school improvement
· Be able to teach across the age and ability range at age 11-19
· Be eager to become a supportive Form Tutor
· Be able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
· Have high expectations of themselves and others
· Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
· Be flexible and a good team player
· A demanding yet rewarding community school where students and staff feel valued and supported
· Students who are very keen to learn and make rapid progress
· An academy with excellent CPD opportunities and commitment to staff advancement
· A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for our students
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, the Academy provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-19 years old.
Closing Date: 12 noon on 20th May 2018
Interviews: Will be held at any point during the recruitment process.
All applications must be made via the online TES application form. CVs will not be accepted.
The City of London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.