Coloma Convent Girls’ School in Shirley is recognised as one of the top non-selective secondary schools in the country. We are consistently oversubscribed and have received four ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted reports and ‘World Class Schools’ status (in 2017 and again in 2020). Coloma achieved the accolade of 'Best School in Croydon' in the Real Schools Guide in 2020 and in October 2019 received its fifth 'Outstanding' Diocesan Inspection report.
Candidates should be able to teach Sociology at KS5 and provide evidence of successful teaching strategies and excellent organisational skills. The ability to also teach A Level Law or another subject would be an advantage but is not essential. Applications will be considered from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
Coloma is very proud of its history of academic achievement; this is due to the hard work, focus and dedication to Coloma’s ethos shown by pupils and staff alike. In 2019 we achieved excellent exam results with a Progress 8 score of 0.89 at GCSE and an ALPs Progress score of 2, placing us in the outstanding catagory for KS5 providers.
We value excellent relationships within a caring community. Extra-curricular activities play a huge part in the life and success of the school and pastoral systems are extremely strong.
- A school with a strong commitment to your professional development.
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all.
- The opportunity to work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated.
- The opportunity to work within the largest cosmopolitan centre outside of Central London, undergoing substantial redevelopment, growth and change.
- A school that invests in enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
Do not be put off applying for a post if you are not a practising Catholic. We welcome applications from colleagues who are supportive of the values of a Catholic School. Many of our staff are members of religious faiths other than Catholic and make an enormous contribution to the well-being of our students.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.
For more information about Coloma please visit our website www.coloma.croydon.sch.uk. Queries should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Coloma Convent Girls' School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Coloma is highly successful and has been praised by many over its 150 years of history. The school has been granted national excellence awards for the last two years and was described by our latest Ofsted report as having an 'outstanding ethos'. This...