Teacher of sociology/psychology
MPS/UPS - a TLR is negotiable for the right candidate
Start date: September 2019
Staffordshire University Academy is seeking to appoint an innovative and ambitious teacher of sociology/psychology who can enthuse, motivate and challenge students to achieve their best. The right candidate will truly understand our ethos and be completely aligned to our mission that all students, regardless of background, will be able to achieve. Our values of Aspire, Believe, Achieve are rooted in all that we do, and our supportive, developmental approach to teaching and learning is ensuring that our teaching practice is ever-improving. You will join a committed and skilled team of educators who all support the vision that our academy delivers.
The successful candidate will join an expanding and dedicated humanities team. This opportunity would suit an experienced sociology/psychology teacher looking for a new challenge or a newly qualified teacher.
Do you have:
• High aspirations to deliver to a consistently highly effective level
• A passion for working with young people
• A desire to ensure all groups of students are suitably motivated and challenged
• The desire to share and learn from best practice to ensure continual self-improvement
• The ability to use and apply technology in lessons to support teaching and learning
• A passion and a desire to make a difference to the lives of young people
In return we can offer:
• Genuinely exciting career development opportunities in a growing and successful academy
• Supportive, experienced and enthusiastic colleagues
• Additional unique CPD opportunities provided by Staffordshire University
• Excellent facilities including classrooms equipped with the latest audio visual technology
For further information please contact Miss Claire Simpson P.A. to the Principal: email@example.com or visit our website: www.suacademy.co.uk Tel: 01543 224654.
Closing date for applications: Monday 20th May at 9.00 am
Interviews will be held: During the week beginning 20th May
This academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands