If you are a talented, highly motivated practitioner with the ability and enthusiasm to deliver innovative and enjoyable lessons to students up to Key Stage 5, we would love to hear from you.
Our students really want to learn, and Sociology is a popular subject choice at KS4/5. At GCSE level in 2017, 84% of students achieved A*-C, and at A level 85% of students achieved A*-C including 50% achieving A*-B grades.
Hinchley Wood is an inclusive, high achieving and highly sought after school with 1,300 students on roll including 220 in our 6th form. Located on the borders of SW London, we pride ourselves on celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. In 2017 our Progress 8 score put us in the top 10% of schools nationally, and we are regularly in the 100 top performing schools in England and Wales in terms of the progress our students make between the end of Key Stage 2 and their GCSEs.
This role is suitable for either an experienced practitioner or a newly qualified teacher, full or part time, and the ability to offer a second subject would be advantageous. An additional paid responsibility may be available within the department for the right applicant.
If you are a talented, highly motivated practitioner with the ability and enthusiasm to deliver innovative, inspiring and enjoyable lessons we would love to hear from you.
• a competitive salary (London Fringe Pay Scale);
• Two week Autumn half term and a minimum two week break over the Christmas period
• Friday afternoon non-contact tim
• interest free travel/relocation loan
• on site gym and
• professional development support and an extensive CPD programme.
If you are an NQT, joining Hinchley Wood School would be an excellent start to your teaching career with benefits including:
• An established and extensive NQT programme
• Support and expertise of departmental mentors
• A tailor-made whole school professional development programme
• Support network of other NQTs across subject areas
• Mid-year residential opportunity and
• A two week paid induction during July.
We welcome pre-application visits, please contact us on 020 8339 3902 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Application packs are available from our website http://www.hinchleywoodschool.co.uk/243/vacancies
Cosing date for applications: Monday 26th February 2018 (noon)
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.