Teacher of Sociology with Economics.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Enfield. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Sociology with Economics to its progressive and supportive Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Sociology with Economics at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of Department to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“We believe in the limitless potential of all children – if children work hard, there are no limits to what they can achieve.
We are looking to recruit a passionate and knowledgeable teacher of sociology and economics to join our team. Sociology and economics are both popular subjects at A-Level, and you would be joining our team at an exciting time in our development as we build the foundations of our new Sixth Form. Our KS5 students are conscientious and ambitious, and our teachers nurture their aspirations for university both through teaching excellent lessons, and through the opportunities they provide outside of the classroom.
We are looking for someone who aligns with our approach to curriculum and teaching. The successful candidate will work closely with other teachers and leaders in KS5 as well as across the network to develop a truly all-through curriculum. "
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Sociology with Economics Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Sociology with Economics up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1425740 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1425740 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...