The INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF SIENA
is seeking to appoint a
Teacher of Spanish B / Language Acquisition (IB DP & MYP)
Candidates should be well-qualified, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative approaches to learning and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
As interviews will be held on a rolling basis, we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
The International School of Siena is focused on facilitating a meaningful education which is based on high achievement and inquiry based learning. The school consists of small classes, one class per grade. Our IB programmes provide each student with opportunities to explore, inquire and develop confidence as well as equipping them with the skills, knowledge, and understanding necessary for the 21st century.
In October 2018 the International School of Siena moved into a new purpose built campus. This is an exciting phase for our development in our new school facility which includes a spacious indoor gymnasium, well designed classrooms, libraries and science labs.
We are fully authorised to deliver the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP), with our first class starting the IB Diploma Programme in September 2019.
The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (the International Schools of Europe) which in turn are part of Inspired, a worldwide network of premium schools. (www.inspirededu.co.uk), offering global best practice and professional development.
More information about the school and area can be found on our website at http://www.internationalschoolofeurope.it/en/siena
We are seeking to appoint a teacher of MYP & DP Spanish B / Language Acquisition to join a developing department in our secondary school team. Applicants must have secondary school experience in teaching Spanish B / Language Acquisition (such as IB MYP, DP, IGCSEs, A-levels, AP) .
The successful applicant will be a dynamic teacher with experience of enabling pupils to achieve their potential. We are looking for the right balance between experience, enthusiasm and a passion for teaching, which will inspire our students.
This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of our secondary school, to a successful and growing Language Acquisition department, in addition to teaching in both the IB MYP and DP.
• to be in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification;
• to have had recent experience teaching Spanish B / Language Acquisition within the 11-18 age range;
• to have at least C1 level in Spanish (CEFR);
• to have at least B1 level in English (CEFR);
• to be able to contribute to curriculum development;
• to be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Italy.
Experience in teaching the IB MYP or DP would also be beneficial, although not essential, as official IB training will be offered.
Why work with us:
• A knowledgeable and talented staff body committed to supporting the very best in student achievement.
• IB professional development during employment
• Support settling in to Italy with our Relocation Agents
• An international campus in Siena, Italy and a school where teachers are respected as professionals and afforded autonomy to teach in the most innovative and effective ways.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send the following documents (as PDF) to our IB MYP Coordinator, Ms Letizia Rosati at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of application (maximum of 2 x A4 pages);
- CV with photo;
- Contact details of three referees (one of which must be supervisor from most recent appointment).
The International School of Siena is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory ‘Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check and/or Italian Police check’