The Odyssey Trust for Education is the innovative collaboration between Townley Grammar School and King Henry School.
As a Trust, we strive to develop and maintain an environment where students are valued, their needs are met and they are given the opportunity to reach their full potential academically and socially. We focus on character education, inclusion and student mental health. We provide our young people with an extraordinary education, one that unlocks curiosity, ignites ambition and forges a social conscience, enabling our students to have impact on the world around them.
At King Henry we aim to ensure
1. Students receive high quality teaching and a broad, inclusive curriculum
2. A strong pastoral system, emphasising positive relationships, ensuring no child is left behind
3. Staff wellbeing is prioritised and promoted
4. KHS communicates effectively with families, our local community, and other stakeholders.
We are looking to recruit an extraordinary Teacher of Spanish who shares our vision and commitment for the young people of this community. This role is suitable for an NQT. You will be joining a highly motivated and passionate group of staff who work tirelessly in the best interests of the students. Staff development is central to everything we do and you will receive weekly CPD sessions as well as designated department time to work collaboratively with the large MFL team.
• More opportunity to develop your career – we will support you in extending your career through an enhanced CPD programme with 10 INSET days a year and dedicated time for professional development every Monday afternoon
• As part of the progressive Odyssey Trust for Education, with enhanced opportunities for professional development and career growth, a team of talented and dedicated colleagues will support you. Odyssey Trust for Education can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with a collaborative leadership teams that are passionate about the progress and development of every student
• Our CPD pathways offer the opportunity to work towards achieving Nationally recognised Qualifications such as: NPQML/NPQSL/NPQH, Lead Practitioner Accreditation all the way up to a Masters degree. Professional development across the Trust is supported by a large and growing network of high profile leaders of education with platforms for school improvement on a National and International level. Opportunities for colleagues to experience professional growth are also identified across the Trust, whether that be project based or on a fixed term secondment to a different school.
• Like-minded colleagues
• An extra weeks’ holiday for Autumn half term in October/November
Please apply by completing an application form.
Closing Date: 9th August 2021
Please note that early applications are encouraged as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Odyssey Trust for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Odyssey Trust for Education is an Equal Opportunities employer
Should you have any specific questions or if you would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact Sonya, Head of MFL at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
King Henry School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years