Salary: The UCL Academy Main Scale 1-6 plus an enhanced £1,000 allowance for all teaching staff.
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent or fixed depending on the candidate
Location: Swiss Cottage, London Borough of Camden, NW3 3AQ
Start Date: As soon as possible, depending on notice period
“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” OFSTED 2016
Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic individual with great teaching qualities? Would you be interested in working in an academy that offers unique links to UCL and an innovative connected curriculum and collaborative approach? If yes, we encourage you to apply for the position of Teacher of Spanish at the state-of-the-art UCL Academy. Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy that opened its doors in the heart of the London Borough of Camden in 2012. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities, training and development opportunities and the chance to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
This post is full time and we are flexible on a start date, however as soon as possible is preferred. The post will be offered as permanent or fixed depending on the candidate.
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration theatres for interactive teaching and talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• A whole-school wellbeing strategy;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL, where staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources;
• Suitable IT equipment for all teaching and support staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide;
• Cycle to Work scheme with ample space for bike storage and season ticket loans.
About the Department
Modern Foreign Languages teachers at UCL Academy are dynamic and collaborative. They plan and teach from a curriculum which is both inspiring and engaging and based on cutting edge research. Within our MFL Faculty we teach Mandarin, German and Spanish and have access to 2 open learning spaces, a dedicated Confucius Classroom, a lecture theatre and a forum area, where innovative teaching and learning is encouraged.
In Spanish, we aim to enrich our students with practical, cultural and real-life context languages learning in the classroom, supplementing this learning with regular culture-based rewards trips in the UK and language tours and exchanges abroad, which we encourage team members to plan and lead. The UCL Academy sees the learning of an MFL as a crucial life skill for all young people, which is why every student here must study an MFL at GCSE level. A-level languages are encouraged and we currently have sixth form classes learning Spanish, German and Mandarin, and so we need you, a highly motivated Spanish teacher, to join our team to inspire the next generation of language learners.
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information or why not watch our school video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIeTNCsBThc&t=1s
What we Want
• Passion about your subject;
• Well-organised teaching professionals, who can work independently and collaboratively;
• Sound understanding of current areas of development in the subject;
• Have a clear understanding of the diverse needs of students and knows how to address them;
• Have high expectations, sets and delivers high standards and commands credibility through expertise;
• Able to plan, assess, review and evaluate effectively and efficiently through good analysis, understanding and interpretation of data/evidence and other information.
Salary:The UCL Academy Main Scale 1-6 plus an enhanced £1,000 allowance for all teaching staff.
How To Apply
To apply please complete and submit a detailed application form, through the link provided. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy. We are currently not accepting applications via agencies. We may ask for a recorded online learning lesson (or other selected tasks) to be provided as part of the interview process if available.
Please note that due to the current school closures (open for key students only), it is advised that you email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be guaranteed a response.
Closing Date: Monday 25 January 2021
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
We may interview candidates ahead of the closing date so early application is advised. The Academy reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advertised closing date.
The UCL Academy, Camden
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The UCL Academy is sponsored by UCL, a world-class, multifaculty, research-led university. UCL's vision is an innovative Academy for pupils aged 11 to 18. We are a comprehensive, co-educational, non-denominational, fully inclusive and an active membe...