Contract term: Two terms
Gosforth Academy is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and exceptional teacher of Spanish.
Gosforth Federated Academies comprises two schools (Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) which are rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. The school population is richly diverse and over 30 different languages are currently spoken here. You will join a professional modern languages department noted for the sharing of effective pedagogy. We work closely with our feeder schools in the three tier system and with our partner secondary school, Seaton Burn College.
This is an amazing opportunity for educators with a genuine passion for Spanish culture to enjoy teaching a range of age-groups. Gosforth Academy has a thrilling future with the establishment of new schools within our multi-academy trust. At all our schools Languages has significant status. Currently alongside Spanish, French, German and Italian we are seeking to establish a hub of excellence in Chinese teaching, ultimately leading to a significant number of candidates at GCSE and A level.
If you can deliver a high quality, lively curriculum to challenge and inspire all of our students we would like to hear from you. The ability to teach Mandarin Chinese or another language, although not an essential requirement, would be of potential benefit.
What we need:
- A passion for languages;
- The ability to teach Spanish across key stages 3 - 5;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Consistently high expectations of students and yourself;
- Excellent communication and ICT skills;
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment;
- A keen interest in development and sharing of effective teaching and learning strategies in MFL;
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum;
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals;
- Enthusiastic and motivated students;
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development;
- A large, vibrant Sixth form;
- A school with its community at heart;
- Low-cost membership to an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities;
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
For further details and an application form contact Denise Thomas at the above address or email email@example.com. Alternatively visit our Website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk
Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon Friday 13 October 2017.
The Gosforth Federated Academies Ltd trading as Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy
Gosforth Federated Academies – Principal: Hugh Robinson
Great North Road,
Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH