St. Ignatius Catholic School is a private co-educational school with approximately 690 pupils ranging from Nursery to Advanced Level. The school is recognised for its academic rigour, its excellent discipline and its caring and supportive Christian ethos. It follows the English National Curriculum to I/GCSE with many students progressing to our A-Level programme.
We invite applications from fully qualified and suitably experienced teachers to start in August 2021 for the following position:
Teacher of Spanish (Primary to Key Stage 3)
All candidates are expected to have :
- A recognised degree in Spanish from an accredited university, and a PGCE, QTS or other internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- Candidates must have three to five years of recent experience of teaching of Spanish in the English National Curriculum at Primary; experience of teaching French would be an advantage.
- As the position involves Primary aged children the successful Candidate should be knowledgeable about language acquisition for primary pupils and be enthusiastic to bring music, rhymes and engaging learning strategies to the classroom, including in EYFS.
- Experience of teaching Key Stage 3 is highly desirable, and any Key Stage 4 experience may also be advantageous.
- Model excellent practice in the classroom (preferably externally verified).
- Secure knowledge and understanding of excellent practice in teaching, learning and be skilled in the effective use of assessment to improve learning.
- Knowledge and experience of using UK based systems for assessment and reporting. E.g. SATs, Early Learning Goals, Benchmarking.
- Effectively lead and manage within the classroom, including other adults such as Teaching Assistants.
- Be able to demonstrate the impact of teaching on the progress of individual groups and cohorts of children.
- Have excellent knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection good practice with recent, relevant training.
- Have excellent emotional intelligence and an ability to be flexible.
- Be an excellent team player committed to the Catholic ethos, values and aims of the school, and be committed to the holistic education of the child.
- Be involved in a wide range of school-related extra-curricular activities.
Candidates should refer to the Person Specification and the Job Description prior to submitting an application.
Salary range is CI$43,499.00 - CI$58,400.00 per annum (Tax-Free) commensurate with qualifications and experience based on the school’s salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan, relocation allowance (including airfare) and end of final contract repatriation allowance. The school also offers one free school place for the child of an employee.
Contracts are for two years initially and may be extended by mutual agreement.
St. Ignatius Catholic School is required under Law and in accordance with the Archdiocese of Detroit to check the background of all employees. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Decisions to appoint will be subject to consideration of an enhanced criminal background check, qualifications check and three satisfactory references.
Deadline for receipt of applications: April 12th, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
St. Ignatius Catholic School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years