The Convent of Jesus and Mary is a warm and welcoming, successful Catholic 11-18 comprehensive school for girls located in north west London. We are a member of the Diocese of Westminster Academy Trust and work closely with our partner secondary and primary schools across London and neighbouring counties. The Convent was founded by the Sisters of the Religious of Jesus and Mary and the Sisters remain closely linked with the school.
MFL is central to the Language College status of the school. A vast array of languages are taught including French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, and as a rich and diverse multi-ethnic community, many languages are spoken. Girls are able to take GCSE and A level examinations in their home language and great outcomes have been achieved in languages such as Arabic, Polish, Greek, Russian, German and Dutch.
This post is offered on a one year contract to cover the maternity leave of one of our valued colleagues. Applications are welcomed from enthusiastic NQTs or equally from more experienced teachers.
The Convent does not require its staff to be baptised or practising Catholics but does expect that non- Catholic staff respect our faith, prayer life and values and participate in our acts of worship. This post will require an understanding of Catholic Christian Theology.
Our staff at the Convent enjoy many benefits:
· A warm and friendly, caring and supportive environment where our ethnic diversity is celebrated and valued
· Very well behaved, polite and studious girls, ambitious for their achievement
· Excellent programme of professional development
· Thriving and varied programme of performances and productions
· A close and collegiate professional staff body and complimentary tea and coffee available at all times in the staffroom with special breaktime treats on Fridays
· Staff well-being committee and a leadership team committed to making staff workload and work- life balance a priority.
Details and an application form can be found on our school website: www.cjmlc.co.uk in the Vacancies section. Applications should be emailed to Mrs Julie Lewis, PA to the Headmistress JLewis@cjmlc.co.uk.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please email Julie Lewis or telephone the school on 020 8965 2986.