“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding”
We are seeking to appoint a motivated and ambitious Teacher of Special Education Needs to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy. Specialising in Maths and Numeracy, you will be working alongside our English and Literacy SEN Teacher. Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers. Permanent or Fixed Term contract depending on the successful candidate.
The UCL Academy’s SEND department is committed to recruiting talented, highly skilled individuals to support the provision for students in need of learning support. Combining subject knowledge with an expertise in particular areas of need (such as ASD, SEMH and SLCN), the LSA team is deployed by the SENDCo and Deputy SENCo to support pupils in accessing the broad and balanced curriculum offered to all learners at the Academy. The SEN team also benefits from the in-house expertise of a Speech and Language Therapist and Educational Psychologist, enabling a flexible approach to specialist intervention.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, we are a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. A-Level students in 2017 attained substantially above the national average for A*-B grades, and we are extremely proud of our GCSE outcomes which were also well above the national average. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
- State-of-the-art classroom technology
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development
- A Teacher Professional Improvement Programme tied into Appraisal, including a specialist induction programme for NQTs
- Intensive Continuing Professional Learning
- Laptops & IPads for all teaching staff
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, online healthcare literature, access to trained counsellors and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide
How To Apply:
To apply please request an application pack from Faye Harrison at email@example.com, or you can contact Faye on 0207 259 8770 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments.
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd May @ 12:00 (noon)
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.