BOA Stage & Screen Production (BOA S&SP) is a brand-new Academy for 16-19 year olds specialising in the technical, production and administrative skills required for the theatre, TV, film and online platforms. Opening September 2021 near Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter, it will provide an industry-led approach to developing the skills and experience of young people who are passionate about working in the stage and screen industry. Our training will be vocational alongside work experience opportunities with our creative industry partners.
BOA S&SP is part of the BOA Group. The original BOA (BOA Creative, Digital and Performing Arts) opened in September 2011 and has been incredibly successful. BOA Digital opens in September 2022.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, confident, and enthusiastic teacher to plan, prepare and deliver lessons and projects in Technical Broadcast Media for students studying the Technical Production pathway. This role is suitable for an NQT or an experienced teacher. A full induction package and CPD opportunities are offered to help develop your teaching practice.
All BOA S&SP students are selected through aptitude in the specialism and will follow a curriculum that is personalised to their goals and ambitions. We have split the areas of study into three pathways: Creative, Technical, Administration & Management, however students have the opportunity to study units across pathways. All Post-16 students study towards a Level 3 BTEC Foundation or Extended Diploma and those following a media-orientated technical pathway will study toward the Pearson Creative Media Practice specification. All students take part in practical group sessions, tutorials, research and work experience where they explore the foundations of the industry in relation to their personal interests and specialisms.
You will be keen to explore the cutting-edge of industry practice with your learners, building relationships with our industry partners to ensure students work with state-of-the-art technologies and learn the latest processes and work-flows across a variety of new medias and genres. You will have a passion for collaboration and contributing to large-scale productions and projects. We are looking for an exceptional professional who will play a crucial role in shaping the core curriculum and specialist pathways of our vibrant institution.
The academy is looking for someone who has:
• Qualified teacher status and a degree
• Experience of working in the broadcast media sector.
• A strong track record as an outstanding teacher or the ability to demonstrate you are developing outstanding practice if an NQT
• Recent experience of teaching vocational courses in a related subject
• A passion for cross curricular and multi-disciplinary learning
• The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to develop and manage projects
• Exceptional personal organisation and time-management skills
• The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• The ability to guide students’ academic, personal and professional development as a tutor in accordance with the academy’s guidelines and procedures
• An understanding of the key national and educational policies and issues
• The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
• Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability
• Flexibility and the ability to adapt positively in the face of change
• An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
This is an exceptional opportunity to join the successful BOA Group and support the newly-appointed Principal and his team in opening a brand-new Academy. If you share the academy’s vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date: 5th July 2021 09h00
Interviews to be held on: 16th July 2021
Start date: 1st September 2021
Birmingham Ormiston Academy Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
BOA Stage and Screen Production Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 19 years
Principal: Dr Steve Ball
BOA Stage & Screen Production is a brand-new, industry-led 16-19 academy, specialising in Film, TV, Online and Theatre Production.
Located near Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter, the academy will open to Year 12 students ...