Subject to the policies of the school and the education service the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted are to perform such tasks as the Head Teacher shall direct, having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the following categories.
- Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Developing the school curriculum.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils.
- Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration.
- Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development.
- Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS).
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1,998 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Term Time Full Time post for 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must have full registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Aith Junior High School and Brae High School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Michael Spence, Head Teacher - 01595 807400 - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Closing date: 22/03/2017
Aith Junior High School,