Salary information: MPR / UPR (dependent upon candidate experience);
Interviews: To be confirmed.
Are you passionate about Technology? Can you inspire students?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated NQT or experienced Teacher of Technology to join our successful and vibrant Curriculum Area to teach courses across Key Stages 3 and 4. The successful applicant would be able to teach Food technology and aspects of Design Technology at KS3 and would also also be able to teach their specialism at KS4.
Middlesex Learning Partnership is a successful Trust in West London. We are highly collaborative and committed to making a difference to the lives of young people. We have a strong sense of community where staff enjoy rewarding relationships with our conscientious and aspirational students.
At Barnhill our students have achieved superb academic outcomes in 2019 with a KS4 progress 8 score of +0.57 and and a KS5 ALPs grade of 3. We are moving rapidly towards our goal of becoming an Outstanding school and are looking for exceptional teachers to join our team. New teachers at the school benefit from an extensive induction programme with an allocated mentor and extensive programme of subject specific and whole school CPD. The school is keen to recognise and reward talent and skills with the majority of our new teachers going onto secure TLR or bursary posts in their 1st few years of teaching.
Technology is a popular and successful subject at Barnhill. It is part of the Creative Design Faculty which has a high profile within the school. The facilities are excellent with two well equipped kitchens, a dedicated workshop classroom and 2 dedicated technicians. The staff are forward thinking and the Faculty has a reputation for strong student work. Technology delivers an exciting curriculum including strong uptake at KS4.
Successful candidates will have:
- Enthusiasm and passion for teaching and developing young people;
- An engaging and optimistic approach;
- High expectations and a belief in the potential of young people to achieve.
In return we will offer you:
- Motivated, hard-working students;
- High expectations of behaviour supported by established systems and protocols;
- Bespoke, high quality professional development including the Barnhill Middle Leaders Programme and opportunities to take the NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH;
- Accelerated career opportunities for aspirational and talented staff;
- An extensive well-being package;
- Established partnerships with: Teach First; Challenge Partners; PiXL; London West Alliance;
- Opportunities to work across the Trust in different phases.
This post would suit an experienced colleague or ambitious NQTs equally. We have a well-regarded programme of CPD and NQT induction.
Further information: Please contact Rmitchell
CVs will not be accepted.
Barnhill Community High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Barnhill Community High School is a high-performing school in West London. Our academic outcomes place us in and around the top 5% of the country. The school is heavily oversubscribed and has increased its PAN over the last two years to acco...