Teacher of Technology
Who are we:
Severndale Specialist Academy is a multi-site Academy catering for children with special educational needs in Shropshire. Our children and young people can access Severndale Specialist Academy from Reception through to Sixth Form and have a range of learning difficulties, physical and mobility difficulties and some pupils who require personal care. A number of our young people present behavioral difficulties arising from their condition; many have communication difficulties and use Makaton signing as their primary form of communication.
What is the purpose of the role:
The role of Teacher of Technology at Severndale Specialist Academy is responsible for the implementation and delivery of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students across the Academy, including the delivery of accreditation for Design and Technology and Food Technology.
We are seeking to appoint a candidate who is passionate about their subject area; a team player who will thrive on collaboration and team work; someone who really wants to make a difference!
· Delivery of high quality teaching and learning
· Student Assessment, including formative and summative as well as Behaviour for Learning Data
· The management of Food Technology and Design and Technology specialist rooms including supplies, maintenance of equipment and participating in deep cleans
· Managing the signing in / out process of all equipment
· Management of the technology budget
· Quality and safety checks of equipment linking to technology
· Undertake risk assessments on all equipment ensuring compliance with CLEAPSS
· Undertake COSHH assessments for all subjects
· Qualified Teacher Status—Newly Qualified Teachers welcome to apply
· Ability to build good relationships with children, teachers and parents
· Ability to cope with challenging behavior
· Encourage engagement and inclusion
· Permanent post
· Salary Mainscale / Upper Pay Scale plus SEN 1 £2,106 (Teacher Mainscale)
· Full time from 1 September 2018
· Continuing Professional Development , including relevant and current training where needed