We are looking to appoint a dynamic and talented teacher of Textiles/Art to join our successful Textiles and Art Departments from either September 2018 or January 2019. You must be able to teach Art and Textiles across the age and ability range, including A Level and have the passion to inspire all students. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, dynamic and ambitious NQT or experienced professional.
The successful applicant must:
· be passionate and committed to improving teaching and learning and be passionate about the importance of Textiles/Art in the curriculum.
· have excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
· be receptive to change and have the ability to work under pressure.
· be able to work well as part of a welcoming, hard-working and committed team.
· maximise the potential of students of all abilities.
· have a passion for the subject and the ability to share this with young people.
· be able to teach to A level and all abilities.
· experience in teaching Health & Social Care is preferred but not essential.
You will find us to the north of the historic city of York and we have an excellent learning environment and superb facilities.
The Joseph Rowntree School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.josephrowntree.co.uk. Please download the Applicant’s Guidance document – ‘How to Apply’.
Completed application forms should be addressed to Mrs Tracy Bussey, Headteacher’s PA at the school (email address: email@example.com)
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd June 2018, at 12 midnight