Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are actively recruiting for an experienced Teacher of the Deaf to join our successful supply teaching team and to work across multiple specialist provisions across Norwich. This is a supply position to start ASAP and will involve covering staff sickness and training days on a day to day basis.
The desired Teacher of the Deaf will be actively involved in teaching Primary and Secondary aged children who require sign bilingual education. You will need to be a committed, skilful and experienced Teacher of the Deaf who is passionate about teaching, learning and available to work across sign bilingual provisions. The successful candidate will be working on a 1:1 and small group basis with children who are deaf and have Hearing Impairments (HI).
*** The successful candidate will need to be flexible and able to travel across different sites across Norwich to support within the classroom. ***
To be considered for the position as Teacher of the Deaf, you must:
· Be a Qualified Teacher of the Deaf (QToD)
· Be an outstanding practitioner
· Be flexible, adaptable and able to travel across sites in Norwich to teach
· Have the ability to communicate in British Sign Language (BSL) Level 2 at a minimum
· Be able to think creatively and on your feet
· Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of practitioners who specialise in supporting children and young people with Hearing Impairments (HI)
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Teacher of the Deaf, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Teacher of the Deaf who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
Apply today or for more information on this role and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk