FURZE DOWN SCHOOL
A Specialist School for Communication and Interaction
EYFS| PRIMARY | SECONDARY | SIXTH FORM
Class Teacher: Sixth Form
Main Pay Range + SEN1
Closing date for applications 16th October 2017 10am
Interviews will take place week commencing 16th October 2017
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher to become a key member of our team. We have over 40 pupils on roll in the Sixth Form (Years 12-14), and are committed to ensuring that our curriculum meets all of our students’ needs, now and into the future. We prepare them for independent or semi-independent living, further education and work through teaching a wide curriculum including core subjects, life-skills and creative arts.
This is a full time post
Due to the nature of the pupils’ Special Educational Needs, this role would suit either a primary practitioner with an interest in working with older pupils, or a secondary teacher already experienced at or looking to work in a cross curricular way, placing pupils’ learning within a real life context with concrete experiences.
Furze Down School provides a supportive and aspirational environment for children with complex Special Educational Needs (4-19). The school was recognised as being ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2006, 2009 and 2014, and we are looking for an inspirational teacher, able to build on this achievement.
The successful candidate will:
· Be competent in all elements of the relevant Teachers’ Standards; an outstanding practitioner
· Show evidence that their contribution to their current place of work has impacted significantly on pupil outcomes across a range of abilities
· Have a strong working knowledge of the primary and/or secondary curriculum and an understanding of how it can be modified to meet the needs of Sixth Form SEN pupils within the Communication and Interaction Strand
· Show evidence of effective team-building and collaboration resulting in genuine impact on standards
· Be able to build positive relationships with parents and carers so that they can support their children’s progress
Demonstrate a commitment to the following:
· Raising achievement for all
· Actively promoting inclusion
In return we can offer you:
· A school committed to your professional learning and development
· A supportive work environment which values (and challenges) everyone
· An exciting, vibrant and creative place to work
· Brand new facilities and a supportive staff team
Furze Down School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check before they are appointed.
Informal visits to the school are welcome.
Arrangements can be made through the school office. Tel 01296 711380
For further information about our school and for job descriptions visit www.furzedown.bucks.sch.uk