(Maternity Cover – January to December 2017) TLR – 2C
We are looking for an excellent teacher and manager of Yr7-11 Drama, which includes the planning and delivery of the new AQA Drama GCSE. We aim to appoint a specialist teacher with the skillset and passion to take ownership of this popular area of the curriculum, someone who is an outstanding classroom teacher, has high standards both in terms of behaviour and quality of work and will maintain the success and stability of our valued department.
You will be responsible for:
- Drama Department teaching and learning.
- Student achievement and progress at KS3+KS4.
- Maintaining high standards of behaviour, engagement and enthusiasm in all your drama lessons.
- Management of the KS3 Curriculum that is already in place.
- Continued development of the new AQA Drama GCSE Specification.
- Management of colleagues (i.e. one other excellent drama teacher).
- Maintain up to date drama assessment and reporting records.
- Monitor, review and update the annual Department Improvement Plan.
- Drama Department Enrichment.
- Drama Department Budget.
- Any other Drama Department administrative duties as required
You will be expected to:
- To work and communicate effectively with the Acting Head of Faculty and rest of the Visual and Performing Arts Team.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of whole school policies.
- Attend appropriate meetings.
- To be familiar with the School’s Child Protection Policy and to report any concerns to the designated Child Protection Officer(s).
- Carry out, within reason, any other duties and responsibilities that the head teacher may from time to time ask the post holder to perform.
Closing Date: Friday 9th December at 12 noon
Application packs can be requested by phone 0207 987 4811 X 202 or e-mail: Isaacs@langdonpark.org (Sue Isaac – Headteacher’s P.A.) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 9th December at 12 noon
Interviews to be held week commencing 2nd January 2017
Langdon Park is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. A DBS enhanced disclosure that is satisfactory to us will be a condition of appointment.