Class Teacher Required for September 2018
with possibility of TLR
Salary: MPS M1-M6 (Suitable for NQT’s)
Location: OGPS, Southwark
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Oliver Goldsmith is a welcoming two form entry school within a diverse community where every child is valued and included. We are situated between Peckham and Camberwell with very good transport links. In our well-resourced building all our children enjoy facilities that support and enhance learning across the curriculum.
We work together, encouraging all children to be responsible, respectful, creative thinkers. We are looking for an excellent teacher who can motivate, inspire and progress the learning of all children and be a valued member of our staff team.
You will (Selection Criteria for application):
- Be an excellent teacher who can manage, motivate and inspire children.
- Have high expectations of all children with a demonstrable understanding of how to challenge all children to bring about above excellent progress.
- Have systematic and rigorous ways of assessing children to enable planning to address gaps in skills and knowledge.
- Have a good understanding of meeting the diverse needs of EAL and SEN children within our inclusive school environment.
- Be committed to supporting and involving parents/carers and community.
- Be a team player, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills.
We can offer you:
- Exciting and enthusiastic children who are supported by the whole school community to display excellent behaviour for learning.
- A strong commitment to your professional development as well as regular release time.
- A stimulating, well resourced, organised, friendly and supportive environment in which to work.
- An opportunity to be part of the development of the school through a team approach.
- Clear systems and policies to follow to support your teaching and pupil’s learning.
As part of the school’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, the successful applicant will be subject to enhanced safeguarding and DBS checks.
Visits to the school are encouraged, please telephone the office for an appointment. Applications once completed please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for returning completed applications: Midday on Friday 18th May 2018
Interviews and tasks to be held 21st or 22nd May 2018