Location: Acorn School – Winkliegh, Devon
Key Stage: 2
Salary: £23,000 – £28,000 per annum
Contract: 38 weeks plus 6 inset days
Start Date: ASAP
As Phoenix Education is expanding, we are looking for resilient, experienced SEMHD Teachers to join our dynamic team at Acorn School in Winkleigh. This is an exciting time to join the Acorn team as we look to expand the school on its brand new site in the beautiful countryside of Winkleigh. This recruitment drive is part of stage two of Acorn Schools expansion plan.
In your role you will be responsible for delivering Person-Centred education. You will have a full understanding of the statutory framework within which teachers work in order to enable our students to flourish and develop.
You will have a proven track record of working with children with a wide range of special educational needs, including those with complex autism as well as social, emotional and mental health difficulties. You will also help to further build on a reputation of high-quality teaching and support for our pupils.
Skills and Requirements:
- Good knowledge of Ofsted, Safeguarding and teaching Outstanding lessons
- Understanding the needs of SEND children including skills in managing challenging behavior
- Experience of working with SEND children
- Monitoring quality and standards
- Contributing to school planning and self-evaluation
- Providing professional support to other teachers and support staff
- Advising the Headteacher on appropriate resources and materials
- Leading appropriate professional development.
- Working as part of Phoenix Learning and Care entitles you to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression