The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
St Mary's College, Ipswich is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher to teach Junior & Senior English & Junior HASS.
The position is offered as either a one term contract commening term 4 through to the end of 2019, or a five term contract until the end of 2020. It will be a full time contract for the fixed term period.
As a teacher, you will develop and implement quality curriculum programs and teaching strategies to engage students in learning and promote student wellbeing. We are seeking a teacher who is student focused and genuinely wants to make an impact to the lives of students.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum
• an ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices,
• work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers and
• effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Creating a learner centred classroom environment
• Developing and implementing quality curriculum programs and teaching practices
• Assessing and reporting of student progress and learning outcomes
• Engaging in professional renewal
• Being involved and contributing to the life of the school including special events and celebrations
Experience and Qualifications
• appropriate qualifications and experience
• hold registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
• be supportive of the Catholic ethos and values of the College
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a welcoming, supportive and rewarding work environment and local community.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form. Click Begin to apply for this exciting opportunity.
St Mary's College is a Catholic, secondary College committed to the education of young women in the Mercy Tradition. We have a current enrolment of approximately 620 students. The educational experiences offered are holistic and designed to be values based and life-giving. Each student is provided with opportunities to achieve to her potential and be a woman of integrity.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Start of Term 4
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): one term or five terms
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Judith Finan
Contact Telephone Number: 3432 5444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window