Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097966
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Campbelltown Performing Arts High School
Principal Network Campbelltown
Staffing Area Campbelltown
FTE 1.000Contact Name Laura Chrupalo
Contact Phone number (02) 4625-1403
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Campbelltown Performing Arts High School is a specialist performing arts high school with an enrolment of approximately 1100 students serving a diverse area of South West Sydney. 35% of our student population come from a non-English speaking background and 112 students identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Our school draws 60% of its enrolments from local schools and 40% through open audition in the areas of dance, drama, music and circus. Our main focus is to improve student learning outcomes through the consistent application of quality teaching practices underpinned by whole-school, and targeted, teacher professional learning. The school has a strong reputation for future-focused learning informed by sustained national and global partnerships and comprehensive evaluation and processes.
Find out more on the school website, at https://campbellto-h.schools.nsw.gov.au/
Specific Selection Criteria
1. Approval to teach Technology Mandatory (Year 7-8) and Industrial Technology Timber.
2. Approval to teach or preparedness to undertake VET teacher training in Construction providing the qualification entry benchmark is met.
3. Proven ability to develop innovative and engaging teaching programs that incorporate future-focused strategies to improve educational outcomes for all students.
4. Proven ability to differentiate the curriculum, including a knowledge of and commitment to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander students.
5. Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively to build positive relationships with students, staff and the community.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.