As a Course Tutor you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a worldclass educational organization performing the following duties:
- Observe and provide constructive feedback to a group of 6 student teachers from English speaking countries on a TEFL course
- Lead input sessions, mark assignments and mentor all trainees through an intensive training program
- Drive between Austrian state schools to conduct observations
- Ensure student teacher portfolios are maintained and in-line with either Trinity CertTESOL or Cambridge CELT-P course requirements
- Liaise with Austrian teachers and school directors
- Teach in Austrian schools and at the college campus
- Help oversee the use of the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Ensure the material well-being of student teachers under your tutelage
- Network with Austrian education officials and potential sponsors
- Coordinate paperwork, fundraising and logistics with office staff
The ideal candidate will speak English at a fluent-speaker level, have a Bachelor’s degree, TEFL certification, manual driving license and have experience that demonstrates both a genuine talent for working with children and teacher training skills.
- DipTESOL or DELTA certification or equivalent required (level 7 qualification). Please note that a pass in DipTESOL Unit 4 or Delta Module 2 or pass in the teaching practicum element of an MA/L7 PGCE (or equivalent) is required.
- Driving license required
- Candidates with experience in a non-traditional teaching environment such as summer camps, youth groups or outdoor education will be preferred
- Residence and work permit for Europe
Salary and Benefits
Between €27,552.00 and €38,374.00 gross annual salary (depending on experience) including a Christmas and Summer bonus and a variety of employee benefits. The College provides extensive health, accident, disability and unemployment insurance for all employees. A high quality lifestyle in Austria also provides a range of child care and maternity benefits as well as being enrolled on generous State and College pension schemes and severance package. Each employee is entitled to 30 days holiday days per year, not including an additional 13 public holiday days in Austria.
- Exceptional work will be rewarded with raises/promotion.
- The Course Tutor will be provided with access to an ABCi car, laptop and phone as necessary
- Further professional training and development as appropriate
- Full room and food expenses with internet access when based away from home in Austria
- Work-related travel costs