Seadown School are looking to recruit a full-time KS2 Teacher; preferably primary trained.
Seadown is a small independent, non-maintained, school. We are a school for young people, from years 1 to 11, with a variety of educational needs including MLD, dyslexia, autistic spectrum, ADHD and BESD (SEMH). We are currently registered for 30 pupils.
At Seadown children and young people who have previously been isolated or excluded from school are supported to grow and develop socially, to gain some confidence and be encouraged to do their personal best.
The duties will include all aspects of teaching pupils through key stage 2 or 3, including writing IEPs and behaviour plans. You will additionally lead a subject hub (to be negotiated).
The successful candidate will:
• have considerable experience of working as a teacher in a challenging
environment; or be very confident with behaviour management and have an excellent record.
• be experienced in working with a range of SEN
• have primary school teaching experience
• be competent in delivering the National Curriculum
• be committed to working as a team member
• aspire to engage children with their learning through carefully planned
• be flexible and highly adaptable
We can offer:
• a welcoming and inclusive ethos
• a committed and dedicated team
• thorough systems and structures in place
• ongoing training
• regular support meetings
• a forward thinking and flexible outlook