Teacher (With Excellence in Reading)
Hours: The role will be for 4 days per week 12 - 16:15 (the last hour of the day will be funded by the National Tutoring Programme - pay for this hour will be £20 per hour.)
Inspire their remarkable with us
Plumberow Primary Academy is a large three form entry primary academy in Hockley. We are a welcoming academy situated in a lovely setting, which is well resourced and has fantastic children and supportive parents.
During our recent (June 2018) inspection Ofsted graded Plumberow Good in all areas. Attainment is high and the academy is proud of the outstanding behaviour of its learners.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher with a passion for reading. The candidate will have a history of identifying gaps within children's knowledge, pinpointing exact needs and planning next steps to ensure rapid progress is made.
The successful candidate will have an excellent knowledge of the wider curriculum within reading and English. The role will involve working within years 2, 3 and 4 for the afternoon, from 12pm until 3.15pm.
The candidate will also undertake one hour of group tuition from 3.15pm until 4.15pm with a range of children across KS1 and KS2.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - Google Workspace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date- Tuesday 7 December 2021
Interview date- Wednesday 15 December 2021
Start Date- January 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today:
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Plumberow Primary Academy is a very large 3 form Academy with approximately 650 pupils on roll. We have facilities that we are proud of, including two halls, a spacious ICT suite...