Teaching and Learning Adviser
Management Grouping: Children’s Services
Team: School Improvement
Salary: £40,398 - £47,127 (inclusive of Choices Flexible Benefits of £2,277 pa)
Contract: 36 hours per week – permanent or as a secondment opportunity
We are looking for a skilled and dedicated professional to join our education improvement team, in the first instance to take responsibility for developing English teaching and learning across Bexley.
You will have the opportunity to work in partnership with school-based colleagues to disseminate the best practice and facilitate research and development. Using your leadership and teaching skills to support other professionals, you will work closely with school leaders and managers, also other council officers to enhance pupils’ achievement. As part of your role, you will provide advice, challenge and training to schools, within and beyond Bexley.
You will have qualified teacher status with significant, recent experience of effective teaching and subject leadership. Your role will have contributed to improving the quality of teaching and learning across one or more schools. You may have had experience as a leading teacher or specialist leader of education and you will have successfully held an area of curriculum responsibility, preferably English. Enthusiasm and a determination to challenge and support schools and pupils to achieve their fullest potential is a must, with a creative approach to raising standards and overcoming barriers to learning.
Open to candidates on a permanent or a seconded basis.
For an informal discussion please contact, Jo Lakey or Michelle Pickering in the Education Improvement Team on 0203 045 4248/0203 045 3391 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,277 per annum (delete if not applicable)
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 29 September 2017
- Anticipated Interview date: 17 October 2017
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers