Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Teaching and Learning Coach for GEMS Founders School, Al Barsha, Dubai to join the team early 2018.
GEMS Founders School
GEMS Founders School (GFS) opened its doors to over 1800 students in September 2016 from FS1 – Year 8. This is the most successful school opening in GEMS history in terms of enrolment. In September 2017 we opened with over 3200 students and added Year 9. Since opening, we have established a positive learning environment for our children and staff following the National Curriculum for England. We have two main pillars that are being embedding at GFS: Languages and Mindfulness. As a British international school with over 90 nationalities, it is important that we value all our languages and we use this as a catalyst to also embrace the culture, history and beliefs of our student body. Mindfulness allows us to interweave the practice of being mindful in the everyday life of our children and we believe will have positive long-term effects on the students’ academic results. GEMS Founders School is a truly unique school and anyone who comes to work here has a unique opportunity to leave their mark.
The Post: Teaching and Learning Coach
- Managing the Quality Assurance of the quality of teaching and learning within Foundation Stage
- Coaching and mentoring staff to impact on first quality teaching
- Managing Professional Development Plans across the school
- Identify CPD needs and manage the support and development of teachers across the school
- Facilitate the CPD and liaise with TELLAL
- Supporting the coaching and mentoring of Graduate Teacher Training Programmes
- Communicating regular announcement and updates with staff
- Some teaching commitment to be the example of best practice to support the quality of teaching and learning
- Facilitating communication of staff within the GEMS Networks
- Overseeing the Mariamma Varkey Teacher of the Month Award
- Lead on the self-evaluation and school improvement process for the school
- Be a key member of the SLT in all GFS events
To be considered for these posts you must hold a B.Ed. or degree and PGCE / PGDE or equivalent and have experience in a similar role.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students and teachers then we would very much welcome your application.
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to successful candidates including competitive tax free salary, furnished accommodation, medical insurance, visa costs, baggage allowance, annual flight allowance and free school places.
To apply for these positions please visit our Careers site https://careers.gemseducation.com/gems/vacancysearch.aspx and apply online (Ref1057). Please ensure you have uploaded an up-to-date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.