MAYFIELD San Clemente High School
Vacancy TypePermanent Full Time
San Clemente High School is seeking a full time permanent Teaching and Learning - English Coordinator beginning in the 2020 school year.
- Join a professional and committed team devoted to the development of each of the 720 students across Years 7-10;
- San Clemente enjoys the ongoing upgrade and development of teaching and learning facilities including a new multipurpose hall with refurbishments to Food Technology, staff and student facilities;
- San Clemente prides itself on being a diverse, multicultural school with students and families from a wide range of backgrounds;
- Seeking to provide many opportunities for our students while recognising that each individual is unique with different talents and strengths.
San Clemente enjoys an excellent reputation within the community. The positive relationships that exist between parents, students and staff allow for a harmonious educational setting which accommodates the whole person. The school endeavours to foster the individuality and potential of all students, recognising the uniqueness of each person, with their specific academic and pastoral needs being well catered for by a compassionate and dedicated staff.
San Clemente is committed to continual improvement in all aspects of school life. Student wellbeing is seen as central to academic achievement and thus it has comprehensive pastoral care structures in place, along with a commitment to student centred learning.
- A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
- Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s;
- High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
- Effective classroom management and teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
- Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
- Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement literacy improvement programs across Stages 4 and 5
- Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
- Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teachers;
- Use of interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with students, school staff and the wider community;
- Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
- Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
- Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
- Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
- Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
- Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Thursday 21 November, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
San Clemente High School
PO Box 405
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
- corporate fitness program;
- employee assistance program (EAP);
- paid parental leave;
- training and staff development programs;
- access to long service leave after just five years;
- opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
- 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Bernard Burgess: email@example.com
Applications close: 3.00pm Thursday 21st November 2019
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*