· To be responsible for supporting the Head of Quality with the leadership and monitoring of the College’s strategy for quality improvement and quality assurance, to improve standards for teaching learning and assessment.
· To raise learner success rates and to develop the overall quality of the learner experience.
· To drive continuous improvement through quality assurance, training and development and the co-ordination of various college wide projects.
1. To support the Head of Quality in developing and effectively implementing the College’s strategy for quality improvement and quality assurance and drive identified initiatives to ensure that college targets are met.
· Implementing and reporting on compliance through internal audit of College quality systems and procedures.
· Developing and improving the use and impact of the Learner and Employer Voice in quality assurance processes and activities.
· Maintaining the currency and accuracy of the teaching, learning and assessment policies, procedures and systems.
2. To lead on cross college projects working with a variety of colleagues.
3. To co-ordinate lead internal verifiers to ensure internal assessment and verification meets and exceeds both College and Awarding Organisation standards. To manage department action plans and prepare reports for the sharing of good practice via the analysis of EQA/SV reports.
4. To lead on the processes and provision of information to College regarding national developments and requirements for teaching, learning & assessment related to quality assurance initiatives. i.e. BTEC Next Generation, the Technical Qualifications and the Apprenticeship Standards.
5. To support the Centre Director for English and maths and lead on the standardisation of cross college functional skills.
6. To support the Head of Quality with the College’s Self-Assessment process ensuring all teams participate and produce high standard contributory reports and action plans timely.
7. Plan and provide a range of internal and external quality assurance training and development activities related to teaching, learning & assessment.
8. Be responsible for training sessions delivered in the Learning Lounges on both campuses.
9. To coordinate the observations carried out across the college and report progress of the college teaching and learning profile to the Head of Quality.
10. To manage the College observation system Pro-Observe.
11. High level of analytical skills –interpret and analyse data.
12. Undertake teaching as and when required.
13. To monitor and audit the effectiveness of ProMonitor to ensure compliance across the College.
14. To conduct a range of observations and learning walks of teaching, learning and assessment activities, including classroom based, workplace, on/off site & quality audits to support College priorities.
15. To support the Head of Quality for fully preparing teams for both internal and external inspection in line with the Common Inspection Framework and the College’s Strategic Intentions.
16. To monitor internal inspection action plans.
17. To provide support in preparation for, during and immediately following external inspection regimes, Ofsted, HEFCE or Awarding Organisations.
18. To produce, deliver, administrate and collate student surveys for FE, HE and apprenticeships
19. To coordinate skills competitions.
20. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
21. Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.