At Forest Hill School, we challenge stereotypes about under-achieving boys. Are you up for the challenge?
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled Economics and/or Business teacher to take on the post of Teaching and Learning Lead. This is an exciting role that focuses both on leading the Business curriculum and developing teaching and learning across the Maths and Business Faculty. Business is taught across two Key Stages and is one of the most popular option choices at GCSE and the largest subject area in our Sixth Form. We currently offer a wide range of courses at Sixth Form including Economics A-Level as well as the Business Studies GCSE. The successful candidate will lead a dynamic and dedicated team of teachers in developing this area further in the school.
Forest Hill is a dynamic community school that offers innovative teaching across a broad curriculum, including a Performing Arts focus, which is underpinned by the highest standards of pastoral care. We are an extremely inclusive and popular 11-19 boys’ school, with a mixed sixth form run in partnership with Sydenham Girls School and believe that every student should be given the support to aspire to and achieve excellence.
As a teacher at Forest Hill you will be part of a team of specialists who are determined to make a difference. We take pride in working together as one fully supportive team and are committed to laying the foundations for the future by helping all our staff develop their capabilities.
Our ideal candidate is;
• An innovative and enthusiastic Business and/or Economics teacher qualified to teach up to Post 16
• An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies and excellent relationships with young people
• A team player who collaborates well with others and has the shared vision to lead and improve standards of teaching and learning
• Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their classroom
We will offer;
• The opportunity to work in an established and experienced Performing Arts school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys in the Arts
• A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
• Modern, state of the art facilities, including the technology and resources to support excellent teaching of Business, Economics and Finance
Please visit our website at www.foresthillschool.co.uk to make direct on-line applications, which must be returned to email@example.com NB: We do not accept CVs.
Informal visits are welcome and should be arranged directly with Mr German (Deputy Head).
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Monday 20th May with interviews scheduled for Thursday 23rd May. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and that the interview process will include lesson observations in both subjects.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce.