Heart of England Training is a leading provider of vocational education and training under the Apprenticeship programme.
The organisation holds Beacon status for excellence and innovation and Matrix Standard for impartial information, advice and guidance. Due to continued growth and expansion we are looking to appoint a Teaching and Learning Trainer/Assessor within the Schools and Employers with whom we partner with.
Main Purpose of job:
• To support students through to the successful conclusion of their chosen training programme.
• To impart occupational skills to the students to the level expected in their training programme.
• To assess students for competence in their qualification as required by the awarding body.
• To ensure students complete their training programme on target as agreed with the recruitment consultant and student, as detailed on the Individual Learning Plan.
• To achieve all personal targets set on time.
Responsibilities, duties and tasks:
• To agree an individual training programme with each student and monitor this to ensure that the student is working to the targets agreed.
• To correctly interpret standards for Apprenticeship Standards, NVQ and Technical Certificate qualifications.
• To train learners to ensure they have sufficient competence to successfully complete their training programme.
• To identify and address gaps in achievement.
• To maintain a record of progress and achievement for each student.
• To give constructive feedback on achievement and performance to students.
• To meet regularly for standardisation and training with other Trainers and/or Internal Verifiers.
• To maintain personal and professional development and CPD to meet awarding body and contract requirements, and the changing demands of the job.
• To present a good image of Heart of England Training in all contacts, and to maintain constructive relationships.
We offer in return
• Full training (including relevant qualifications) and support.
• A competitive salary plus bonus and expenses with increase after 6 months after successful probationary period.
• Monday – Friday, 8:50am – 4:30pm working hours (FT).
• Travel expenses, Company pension scheme, Health care scheme.
• 33 days holiday allowance rising to 38 days after ‘time served’ period.
• On-going development opportunities.
Apply with a CV and covering statement to: