We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Teaching Assistant to join the team here at Gillingham Primary School.
The successful candidate will be committed to raising standards and achievement and skilled at building excellent relationships with children, staff and parents. You should have high expectations of children in terms of behaviour and learning and be able to demonstrate a dedication to working as part of a professional team.
You will also be:
• A confident individual who enjoys the company of both adults and children
• An excellent communicator, able to both listen and share your own thoughts and opinions
• Able to receive and use developmental feedback
• Committed to wanting the best for each and every child
• Patient and calm with a warm sense of fun
Your main duties will be:
• Promoting pupil’s academic, social and emotional development
• Working across a varied range of responsibilities, including supporting pupils beyond the classroom.
• Supporting individuals and groups through a range of tasks and learning activities.
• Deployed by the SENCO or class teacher for interventions
We can offer you:
• Support and guidance from our experienced team
• Excellent development opportunities
• The chance to make a big difference to our school and the children within it.
The school is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children in its care and candidates will be asked to demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding children and complete an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Applications should be made online via www.dorsetforyou.com/vacancies
Visit our website at www.gillinghamprimary.dorset.sch.uk for further details.