Wood Green School is a growing, popular, 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with an excellent academic and pastoral reputation. It has a thriving Sixth Form. Wood Green hosts a small unit for students with moderate learning difficulties called the Achievement Centre. Students have core lessons within the Achievement Centre in small groups, but also integrate into tutor groups and classes for some subjects.
All students in the Achievement Centre have an Education, Health and Care Plan and are placed there based on an assessment of need. We are looking for a full time permanent Teaching Assistant to join our school as part of the Achievement Centre team, to start in October 2018 or as soon as possible after then.
Key Purposes of this post:
1. Support the learning of students in the Achievement Centre
2. Help students in the Achievement Centre become independent learners and achieve their full potential
3. Working with colleagues across the school to integrate the students
4. Reviewing progress of the students
5. Meet the professional standards of this post and of Wood Green School Pay scale: Grade 4 term time only.
Actual salary: £10,719. Hours: 28 hours per week. Term time only.