Full Time Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 per annum
Reporting to: Headteacher
Outreach Development Tutor (Scale 2)
Mission Statement: To deliver the best quality provision of support and education to help young people thrive in their challenging environment.
The Write Time Independent school is part of The Write Time social enterprise working with young people and adults in a variety of projects to educate and develop their skills in order to improve life chances and opportunities.
The school has a set number of ODT’s working in every classroom to support teachers. ODTs also are additionally appointed to carry out wider duties across the school a specific task to support students with 1:1 SEN support needs. ODT’s are required to be creative and deliver sessions that are fun, engaging and develops students’ personal social skills that could also lead to achieving qualifications. ODT’s are to be skilled mentors and their roles are designed to be flexible, changing according to the needs of the student cohort of the school.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Main Duties
1. Assist with sessions that are accredited and non- accredited in PSHE or PE.
2. Support teachers in the classroom with one to one support academically and behaviour.
3. Assist with the delivery of quality and relevant themed assemblies to students.
4. To enable the maintenance of good order in The Write Time Independent School by the use of the behaviour policy.
5. Improving attendance, behaviour and achievement. Developing methods to monitor and display progress where appropriate.
6. Supporting the development of programme workshops and activities developed to re-engage young people. Where appropriate creating tailored programs for students/parents/community/stakeholder engagement.
7. Ensuring Information, advice and guidance is provided to all young people. Assisting with delivering high quality sessions on this where appropriate.
8. Ensure all young people engage and continue in the mentoring programmes.
9. Assist in finding opportunities and SEMH development initiatives that are available to benefit the young people of the school.
10. Input into weekly ODT monitoring reports on time.
11. Ensure all activities reflect the standards and values of The Write Time.
12. Assist with the monitoring and reviewing of the safety of programmes, risk assessing all trips, work experience placements, activities and engagement/PE visitors to the school.
In Common with other staff:
To read and support all The Write Time policies including safeguarding and equal opportunities and to work actively to overcome discrimination on grounds of race, sex, disability, sexuality, age or status in our services.
To carry out all duties in accordance with Health & Safety and safeguarding requirements.
To ensure that the highest standards are provided at all times.
Promote a vibrant culture with an uncompromising commitment to excellence and fully integrated support and development services, reflecting the needs of those accessing the service.
To work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that works with young people to help identify and meet their personal, social, learning and work needs
Follow the lead from line management to ensure that all performance and contractual targets are met and exceeded ensuring that all client data is recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
Your approach to work should demonstrate and reflect The Write Time’s values.
The above-mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required by the line manager, within the grading level of the post and the competency of the post holder.
We reserve the right to close applications when the right applicant is found.