Rush Green Primary School are looking for a highly qualified Teaching Assistant to work as part of an outstanding, dynamic and effective team.
The applicant must have:
- Level 3 qualification in supporting Teaching and Learning in schools.
- Hold GCSE Qualifications in English and Maths to at least grade C.
- Proven experience and knowledge of working with children with a wide range of abilities.
- An understanding of assessment.
- Some knowledge and skills relating to strategies in working with pupils with different learning needs.
- An interest, motivation and passion for working with young children.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Calm, controlled and effective communication skills who can relate well to all children and adults within the school.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within this.
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to distinguish personal and professional boundaries in school related relationships both in and outside of the school.
- Competent in the use of ICT.
- Be willing to develop a full working knowledge, understanding and adherence to relevant school polices, practice and procedures.
Additionally, we are looking for a person who is cheerful, positive and willing to go the extra mile. Is enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative. Has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration.
You would be expected to:
- Work under direct supervision of the class teacher but at times be expected to use your own initiative to organise activities and tasks.
- Work in partnership with other teaching assistants.
- Provide feedback to the class teacher on pupils’ progress and thereby contribute greatly to assessment.
- Support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for pupils.
- Create resources to support the pupils work, as appropriate.
- Attend 4 INSET days per year and any training that is identified by the Head Teacher.
Working hours: 8:30-3:30 5 days a week
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 8th December
INTERVIEWS: Friday 9th December