Teaching Assistant Required for Easter 2018
Salary range: NJC 14 – 21 £16,781 - £20,138 Pro rata
20 hours per week, term time only
Fixed term post
Furness Academy are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic individual to work as a Teaching Assistant. The successful candidate will work under the instruction and guidance of teaching and senior staff to undertake work/ care/ support programmes to enable access to learning for students, and to assist teachers in the management of the students both inside and outside the classroom.
• A medium sized 11-16 mixed Academy with approximately 800 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park;
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose;
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters. • Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
• The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team.
• Promote and enhance the learning and teaching experiences of SEND students in a range of different contexts including in class support.
• Plan and deliver interventions to individuals or focus groups and assess and monitor the impact of the provision.
• Hold and NVQ 3 or equivalent qualification or have experience in a relevant discipline.
• Have experience of planning and delivering interventions.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure. The appointment will also be subject to two satisfactory references.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Tuesday 20th February
Shortlisting: Wednesday 21st February
Interviews: week commencing 26th February
For further information regarding this post or to apply, please download an application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01229 484277. Please note we only accept CV’s with a fully completed application form.