4 days per week; 08:30 – 3:30 (Term Time Only plus all Inset Days)
Somervale School is a small school by design with a roll of 545 students, allowing for a personalised approach to teaching and learning. The school is growing in size and is held in high regard by the local community. Post 16 students are taught as part of the Midsomer Norton Sixth Form (400 on roll) with lessons being taught at both Somervale and Norton Hill. Somervale is part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership (MNSP), a Multi-Academy Trust.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Teaching Assistant, who will support SEN students within the classroom and who can also lead individual / small group interventions.
Somervale School serves Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips but close to both Bath and Wells
- Be committed to exceptional standards of support for our learners
- Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students to achieve their best
- Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
- Be a team player able to contribute to key leadership decisions
- Contribute to our core vision and values
We can offer you:
- A forward looking and innovative school
- A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
- Good facilities for teaching and learning
- Leading edge professional development support to improve your practice
- A school where care, guidance and support are central to ensuring students make outstanding progress
- A school where learning is really personalised
For further details or to apply, please visit our vacancies page: http://midsomernortonschoolspartnership.com/vacancies.htm
Closing date for vacancy: Tuesday 4th February 2020
Provisional date for Interview: Week Commencing 10th February 2020
Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Bath and North East Somerset
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years