Hours: 20 hours per week (9am – 12.00pm TA & Lunch cover 12-1pm)
Working weeks per year: 39
Closing Date for Applications: 23rd September 2017
Pelham Academy Trust consists of two primary schools in Bexley; Pelham Primary School and Normandy Primary School. The partnership provides exciting and rewarding opportunities for staff and pupils within the Trust.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced teaching assistant to support a high functioning ASD KS2 pupil who requires discrete support within a group setting. The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting pupils on a one to one basis and will be committed to increasing the learning potential of our pupils. Please be aware that the contract is attached to the pupil so if the pupil leaves the contract ceases.
The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting pupils on a one to one basis and will be committed to increasing the learning potential of our pupils.
In return we can offer you:-
- A personal CPD package to support your development
- Resources and support to help you within your job
- A school community that works together to improve learning for all children within the school
- Colleagues who are looking forward to working with you
In return we want a teaching assistant who:-
- Meets the criteria outlined in the personal specification
- Has a positive and flexible approach
- Is committed to making a difference to pupils’ education
- Can work within our team of staff who share practice and continuously look to improve the school
- Can develop skills in our children that will help them in their future
- Can encourage all children to achieve their aspirations
- Can follow the schools Safeguarding Policy and Procedures
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
References will be requested prior to interview
No recruitment agencies
This post is considered to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the person specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Pelham Primary School
Pelham Road, Bexleyheath, Kent DA7 4HL