Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• To provide in-class support to learners.
• To complete relevant documentation/systems to track and monitor progress as required by the college.
• Support and maintain effective working relationships with learners and liaise with tutors and other relevant staff to ensure that support is appropriate • Work with tutors to identify individual learning needs.
• Work with learners and tutors to set and agree individual targets as part of their individual support plan.
• Where necessary, carry out further assessments of students.
• Contribute towards Personal Education and Education, Health and Care Plans
• Monitor and review learner’s progress regularly and amend targets as necessary
. • Modify teaching materials to meet individual learner needs.
• As required make referrals internally in response to learners emerging needs i.e. careers, welfare etc.
• Provide feedback to learners and tutors on progress at key stages in the learning process • Attend meetings at the request of your line manager to ensure efficient communication with the College.
• Assist in the College’s recruitment and enrolment process and contribute to advice and guidance processes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.