32.5 Hours Per Week - Term Time Only
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Holyhead School is heavily oversubscribed, 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school was designated ‘Outstanding‘ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in December 2013, April 2015 and then again in December 2017. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
- Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
- Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
- Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
- Staff morale is high
- GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
- Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
We are looking for….
- An efficient and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills
- An energetic practitioner able to deliver pre-planned lessons in a variety of subjects
- A person who is calm, caring, approachable, but firm
- A dedicated professional with a commitment to extracurricular activities that add value for students
- A hard-working individual with high levels of literacy and numeracy
We can offer….
- Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
- The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful school
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- A commitment to staff wellbeing
- A comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
- The opportunity to train as a teacher for the right candidate
If you feel that you could add value and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us then please contact Mr Yasir Idris, Human Resources Manager on Recruitment@holyheadschool.org.uk and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications are only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: Noon on the 27th March 2020
Interview: w/c 30th March 2020
Holyhead School, Milestone Lane, Holyhead Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, B21 0HN
Tel: 0121-523-1960 Fax: 0121-523-1969 email: firstname.lastname@example.org